To be eligible for consideration, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Have a facility in the United States
- Have a minimum of 15 employees working in the United States*
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year
- Produce products and/or provide services that align with the core principles of Outside Magazine**
* To ensure credibility, organizations having 15-24 employees must have an 80% or better response rate on the employee survey. Temporary, per diem, PRN, seasonal, 1099 employees, independent contractors, non-employee real estate agents, consultants, interns and volunteers are not counted in the number of employees or included in the survey process. For staffing companies, employees who are placed with other organizations are not eligible.
**Outside Magazine reserves the right to determine a company's eligibility based on whether their corporate principles and ethos align with the standards set forth by "Outside's Best Places to Work."